Prairie State Group | Specialists in Flexible Packaging & Pressure Sensitive Labels
PSG Quality Management

PSG Quality Management

Prairie State Group embraces many of the industry's leading specifications and quality management standards. Some examples include, but are not limited to our ISO formatted SOPs and training matrices, compliance with FIRST 4.0, cutting edge color management technology and expertise, and a state-of-the-art lab for material and product testing.

Our quality department is here to make sure you have the support and knowledge needed to make your product's packaging a success.

  • Lean Manufacturing
  • FIRST 4.0 Guidelines
  • Color Management
  • Sustainability Program
  • Food Safety Program
ECO Green Green Initiatives

Partnered with local business, to reduce gas consumption, for various recycling projects, including:

  • Press end boards & plastic end plugs
  • Press chemical barrels
  • Ink barrels
  • All corrugated cardboard
  • All film waste
  • All paper products
  • Aluminum

Additionally, we have an in-house recycling system for all solvents used which salvages 96% of all solvents leaving only 4% solid waste to be sent out. RTO which destroys 99% of all emissions. Over 100,000 Ibs of film recycled last quarter.

 

Service Advantages of Quality Management

  • 24 hour production up to 7 days per week
  • Quality Assurance Department with Field Service
    Technician and Fully Equipped Lab
  • Our print experts bring numerous years of experience to every project

Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Project Features

  • Initiative began in January of 2008
  • Completed training and now have 11 Green Belts
    and 1 Black Belt on staff
  • Over 70% of all employees have been involved with an
    LSS project
  • 7 projects have been completed to date with 4 more
    in the process
  • Change in culture throughout the organization

Color Management Program Features

  • Provide better control over our process work
  • Decrease make-readies
  • Improve productivity
  • Increase standardization
  • Present clearer more concise communication, both
    internally and externally with our suppliers and
    customers
  • Color accurate press proofs
  • Multiple substrate specific profiles
  • Constant press-side measurements to ensure
    consistency
  • Spot color archiving system, which controls and
    quickens color matches on press

Quality

  • Currently pushing 200 lpi for labels
  • Stably producing labels at 150 and 175 lpi
  • Testing 175 lpi for flexible packaging
  • Currently testing Near Neutral Calibration for labels

FIRST 4.0 Program Features

  • Following FIRST 4.0 specifications and tolerances
  • Control charts throughout the plant
  • Press-side "cheat sheets" to hit specs

Quality Management and Food Safety Program Features

Process ControlsISO 9002 Formatted - work instructions, training, and auditing procedures, In Process testing of all printed material, SPC utilization for continuous critical parameter improvements, Documented monthly calibration of equipment, Quarantine for non-conforming material, Customer complaint and corrective action procedure

MaterialsVendor Certification and Approval Program FDA Compliance Certifications, CONEG Compliant, Vendor, Master Roll, and Lot traceability

SafetySafety Team, Hearing Protection & Safety Glasses Lockout/Tagout Procedure, Employee Safety Dress Code, Employee Safety Training Program, MSDS Program

House KeepingLicensed pest control program both inside and outside facility with documentation, No equipment within 18" from the walls, No food or uncovered drinks in production area policy, No glass permitted in plant, Full time cleaning personnel, Cleaning of building performed and documented daily, weekly, and monthly

SecuritySecurity Cameras & Codes, Motion Detectors & Swipe Card Entrances with Visitor Identification Badges
Copyright © 2011 Prairie State Group, All Rights Reserved  Prairie State Graphics, Inc.    Prairie State Impressions, LLC.    Site Created by ThomasNet Web Solutions and Powered by Navigator Platform
Prairie State Group | Specialists in Flexible Packaging & Pressure Sensitive Labels